If you're in the market for a new fence for your home or business, it's easy to get overwhelmed by the vast number of products on the market today. However, one fencing option that you may not have considered, but should, is the tried and true chain link fencing. Being durable and affordable are just two of the many reasons to decide on a chain link fence.
Benefits of a chain link fence.
1. Low cost. Chain link fencing is one of the more affordable types of fencing on the market. An average chain link fence costs around $1,782. This compares to $2,502 for a wooden fence or $3,456 for a vinyl fence.
2. Easy installation. A chain link fence is also one of the easiest types of fences to install. You can even do this yourself and save additional money. All you need is a post hole digger and a few bags of quick-drying concrete. Chain link fencing also adapts well to uneven terrain without leaving large gaps that you can have with wooden or vinyl fence panels.
3. Durability. Chain link fencing is very durable and can withstand strong winds and stand up to large animals like cows and horses. Chain link fencing is also impervious to water and insect damage. It won't rot or warp like wooden fences can, nor will it provide a friendly home for termites and ants.
4. Low maintenance. Unlike wooden or cast iron fences that have to be re-painted or re-stained every few years, a chain link fence needs little maintenance. The galvanized finish on this type of fencing is designed to stay looking nice for years without refinishing. All you have to do to keep a chain link fence clean is spray it well with a garden hose periodically.
5. Security. Chain link fencing helps to keep intruders out and contain your kids and/or pets. However, unlike other types of fencing, you can see through it, making it easier to supervise your kids from afar and also providing an extra deterrent to would-be thieves.
6. Easy to repair. If your chain link fence does become damaged, it's easy to cut out the affected part of the fence and replace it. You don't have to replace an entire panel as you do with a wooden or vinyl fence.
While a chain link fence may not be the right choice for every home or business owner, this type of fencing is easy on your budget, long-lasting and extremely durable.